• Friday, July 30th, 2010
Sorry everyone, I have been slacking on updates lately. There has been so much work over summer! I should have known that people try to complete everything over summer to launch software on September!
Good news is that we finally launched our new website for Agile. It took half year. It’s funny how companies own website is always at last place. But its finished now and I got a lot of good reviews.
Another news – I’m now on M50 Platform Program to launch our new framework. I will be posting more news about that later.
Event page is updated again. Click here to see all events for August & September and some for October. There isn’t much happening now, but still some interesting conferences upcoming in September.
• Tuesday, November 10th, 2009
I’m back to event list! But before you scroll down, I wanted to tell you that I found 2 really good examples of social marketing. Check out Simon’s Cat and TheFunTheory. You will understand what I’m talking about when you see it.
Now back to what you really want to see :
- 11th Nov 18:00 / Free Business Owner Network / Bewleys hotel, free – meet other businesses and try out your pitch in speed networking
- 11th Nov 19:00 / 10 Min Street Networking / Main Gate of St. Stephen’s Green, free – another great idea of business networking
- 11th Nov 19:45 / Southside B2B Visitors Event / The National Yacht Club, Dun Laoghaire, free – Southside Business Network is a business and professional networking organisation whose primary purpose is to exchange qualified business referrals.
- 13th Nov 19:00 / ISA Annual Awards / Burlington Hotel, 125 EUR – The Irish Software Association is pleased to announce the Annual Software Industry Awards 2009.
- 12th Nov 18:00 / World Usability Day & IQ Studio Launch Party / 34 Clarendon Street (opposite Saba), D2, free – there’ll be wine tasting (or bring your own beer), music, food, shorts and Powerpoint Karaoke!
- 13th Nov 20:00 / Cork pre-BarCamp Girl Geek Dinner / Gourmet Burger Bistro, 8 Bridge Street, 18 EUR – Girl Geek Dinner
- 14th Nov 10:00 / BarCamp Cork / Cork International Airport Hotel, free – people getting together, sharing ideas, learning from each other and finding like-minds.
- 16th Nov 08:00 / SME Links Ireland Breakfast Networking for Childline / Hotel Isaacs (Beresford Place), 10EUR (min donation) – the event will include a number of showcase presentations and offers an opportunity to network with other SME owners and managers while raising much needed funds for Childline
- 17th Nov 08:30 / Synergy Breakfast “Exporting” / Synergy Centre, free – yet another interesting topic you might want to hear about
- 17th Nov 19:00 / Dublin ALT.NET / Seagrass, free – event interesting for developers. This time discussing Open Rasta
- 18th Nov 17:45 / NovaUCD 2009 Campus Company Development Programme Awards Evening / NovaUCD, free – meet companies that has been successful from NovaUCD campus
- 18th Nov 09:00 / Winning International Business with the Web / Radisson BLU Royal Dublin Hotel, price €95/ €65 – how to grow your business internationally, increase your revenues and use the internet to expand into new markets cost effectively.
- 18th Nov 09:15 / Technology in Business Conference / Radisson Blu Hotel, Cork, 95-195 EUR – it@cork annual conference
- 18th Nov 19:00 / Python Ireland Meetup / Scruffy Murphy’s, free – 45 minute to 1 hour talk demonstrating the creation of a straightforward webapp from scratch on App Engine.
- 19th Nov / Golden Spider Awards / Burlington Hotel, from 300 EUR – eircom Golden Spider Awards (recognizing excellence in internet & digital media)
- 20th Nov / National Women’s Enterprise Day / Mullingar, 100 EUR – this event offers support to women already in business and those thinking of starting out
- 21st Nov 10:30 / Open Coffee Dublin / Dakota Bar, free – informal event for web / business people to get together and chat about anything and everything.
- 24th Nov 18:30 / Entrepreneurs Only / Mont Clare Hotel, 25 EUR – what do all these enterpreneurs (check out speakers) have in common?
- 26th Nov 09:30 / Virtual Desktop Roadshow / Sun Microsystems, East Point Business Park, seems free – explore the opportunities offered by a virtualised desktop from Sun Microsystems
- 26th Nov 19:00 / Connector – New Businesses / Kobra bar, free – Connector is looking for 10 new businesses to step forward and tell us their story
- 27th – 29th Nov / Xtival / free – XBox Live festival
- 2nd Dec / The iPhone as an Emerging Enterprise Platform / The Alexander Hotel, free – this is a chance for software companies to explore the opportunities presented by mobile applications and Apple’s iPhone in particular.
- 5th Dec 10:00 / GreenHouse Business Camp / O’Reilly building on the Trinity campus, free – event is about sharing information, knowledge & experience
more to come later…
• Monday, August 31st, 2009
Even thought I didn’t get to any presentations (and everyone said they were great) and even if I had to stay by my stand for whole day to tell about our company, I quite enjoyed epicenter. As everything that I haven’t tried before. I’m getting more and more better at all this “sales” thing.
Vodofone presented new application store in conference (similar to iPhone app store). And a very nice thing happened – I won phone with Vodofone app store. My current phone battery ends after 2h, I was just desperate to get new one (I’m so lucky!). I will be receiving it today and might as well take some photo and put it up on my blog.
I have been very busy whole last month, delivering projects, stressing and preparing marketing materials. And I missed summer sun this year too. Maybe I gonna go for vacation in winter?
Here is some photos from epicenter. I wanted to put up more, but all other were blurry (I should win new camera too).
• Thursday, August 06th, 2009
You see a lot of pages for conferences every year. Usually they are quite crowed, impossible to navigate through or find things you find. That’s why I love epicenter.ie , which was launched this week by Agile. It has awesome JQuery tricks and nice navigation. You can find everything about conference with just few clicks.
Conference itself takes place in Trinity College at the end of August. Did I mentioned you can get free book and discounts if you buy tickets for 3 days? All Java, Microsoft, Web and Open Source guys/girls should definitely visit it.
And if you do end up in this conference, please visit our stand and listen to our presentation. I would love to talk with all my blog readers!